The Power of Digitalization for Businesses in 2022
When you go digital, you put yourself in a vantage point where your customers can interact with your products and services easier, and where your products can reinvent themselves at a faster pace. Businesses need to deliver high-quality products, retain their customer base, tap into the latest customer needs, and optimize the proficiency of every business unit.
Digitalization is a MUST in 2022
Digitalization will keep turning the world round and round in 2022. If your business is not already boarded or plans to get off the digitalization train, you might be on a collision course with the harsh reality of a global market where fierce competition rules. Before dive into this topic, check out software development trends in 2022.
Digitalization is THE way forward, the only way you can maintain a sustainable and healthy business. So, what does digitalization boil down to?
- Relying less on manual work and process, and more on automation
- Focusing less on paper-based assets and physical workspaces, and more on online ones
- Driving innovation less from after-the fact analyses, and more from agile, real-time data
- Streamlining production by contracting infrastructure and software as a service
In a nutshell, digitalization makes business functions, interactions, experience, and communication connected, software-enabled, and smart. Digitalization helps you build tomorrow’s solutions proficiently and diligently. Digitalization helps businesses reinvent themselves at the pace of market transformation.
Digitalization is a journey
Digitalization requires an ongoing strategic effort to integrate the tools, processes, and habits that make businesses successful and relevant today and in the future.
Digitalization requires the:
- Adoption of new, state-of-the-art, digital technologies
- Integration of operational agility in routines
- Need to make business-solutions customer oriented
Businesses must raise the quality bar of their solutions, and digital technologies can pave the way:
- Users expect businesses to provide easy interaction, useful solutions, personalization, as well as simplified and connected experiences
- Markets expect to find businesses online, to understand what solutions can do before the actual purchase, and to optimize their goals via solutions
- Employees expect to have projects and processes interact dynamically, to have traceability, and to build extended knowledge-sharing
Digitalization helps businesses stay competitive, and brings more control and visibility over:
- Errors, which can be prevented and mitigated before they cause damage
- User behavior, which can provide insight into new features and anticipated enhancements
- Employee behavior, which can improve work dynamics and streamline hybrid operations
- Customer interaction and sales, which can determine informed decisions to strategy changes
Climb the transformation ladder
Digital transformation in 2022 should follow 3 main steps:
1. Analyze and understand where you position yourself digitally.
- Can business goals be reached via the current technological stack?
- Are your asset inventories and productivity scores driven by technological investments?
- Are there gaps in know-how, communications, record keeping and process handling?
- Do you strategically measure the influence of your technology against ROI?
2. Invest in the appropriate digital technology package.
- Does it address internal gaps?
- Does it meet customer expectations?
- Does it have the potential to move your solutions up on the market?
- Is it sustainable, flexible, and future-proof?
3. Analyze the results and iterate.
- Is there a boost in value, quality, and satisfaction?
- Can you duplicate success?
- Is there enough information to learn from bottlenecks?
- Is there an easy way to scale and extend the infrastructure and services?
Give customers no-brainer interactions
Customers want systems to do the work. Here are some examples:
- Users want to log in to their accounts and find all they need, as well as be prompted what to do next in a few simple clicks or swipes.
- Users want to open applications and receive contextual or dynamic suggestions based on the historical and real-time interaction.
- Users want templates, pre-filled fields, and assistance when using solutions.
- Users want to track, trace, monitor assets at all time and remotely manipulate behavior.
- Users want services and data available at all times.
In other words, whatever your industry may be, 2022 is the year when digitalization investments can drive:
- Intuitive and immersive interfaces
- Personalized interactions and 24/7 engagement
- No faults, errors, or timeouts
- Consistency across integrated systems and databases
- Straightforward and real-time fulfillment
- Secure operations and transactions
Go mobile. Choose web
Smart phones and a connection to the Internet have become wide-spread commodities. It is no longer an option to have a business that cannot be accessed through these channels in a timely, responsive way that enables constant customer feedback and transactional exchanges.
Moreover, since you worked hard on building and retaining a customer base, these environments can help you build the next best solutions based on the behavior you can collect effortlessly while users actually engage with your product. Get a bit of AI in the mix and become wizards.
Give automation a chance
Processes all have something repetitive, something redundant, and something manual in them. Automation collects all these aspects, embeds them into smart workflows, and lets robotic actions take the lead. The gains in speed, accuracy, and productivity are immense, giving you time to assist, optimize, and occupy your mind with creative strategies.
Collaborate in suites
Invest in tools that are thought to work together seamlessly or in tools that can be customized to your business needs. Tool suites rapidly improve productivity, reduce project and time management, and enable businesses to act fast whenever contexts switch. Suites help you get organized in terms of meetings, files, knowledge sharing, and daily chores.
Reap the benefits of digitalization
Going digital means that you will help your business optimize processes, and maximize throughput.
Efficient time management
- Automating repetitive or predictable tasks helps you displace your human experts where it matters most.
- Having all project steps and resources captured by a tool gives you 365 awareness, so you can act faster.
Increased productivity and resource management
- Several current technologies can help you achieve this goal: cloud and edge computing, mobile, analytics and Big Data.
- Monitor behavior, asset flow, asset transformation at all times and build on the issuing behavioral patterns.
- Reach out to wider communities and strategic groups faster and get immediate metrics on interactions.
- Ask for feedback, get people involved in gamification on digital platforms where click, choices and decisions can be assessed and acted upon.
Increased revenue opportunities
- Cross-sell and up-sell easily either one-time or via subscriptions to a global buying community.
- Understand how your solution is used to improve it and identify new business cases.
Improved customer relations
- Keep customers satisfied and reach out to them along moments of truth.
- Offer them the right type of interaction at the right time and in the right context.
Salient digital outreach
- Build yourself a robust, online presence with multiple touchpoints.
- Go omnichannel and become discoverable easily.